Intragastric Balloon For Weight Loss Treatment
The intragastric balloon treatment makes one of the most appropriate choices for weight loss. The procedure uses endoscopy to fill the stomach with a balloon and limit the intragastric space. The stomach stays there for six months, and Intragastric Balloon for Weight Loss in Punjab helps the patients lose around 10 to 15 kg. So, if you have been searching for weight loss treatment, then better consult the doctor.
Procedure of endoscopic guidance
The silicon balloon gets placed in the stomach through endoscopic guidance. The procedure aims to make you feel full and reduce your hunger feeling. Don’t consider the procedure a permanent weight loss treatment. The market have different types and sizes of balloons. Depending on what’s best for you, the doctor will suggest the necessary choice when you visit for the initial consultation at Gastro hospital in Ludhiana and clarify all your doubts.
Signs that I need to undergo intragastric balloon treatment (For weight loss)
- BMI is more than 30, and therefore, your condition demands an effective approach
- Class 2 obesity (BMI falls between 32 to 37) and surgery is impossible due to other health issues.
- For BMI > 37, procedure makes best before bariatric surgery to ensure there’s no problem linked to the surgical approach.
- All the dietary measures have failed, and you have conditions like infertility, PCOS, and other problems.
With all these conditions, you must consult a medical expert without worrying about anything.
The expert team performs weight loss surgery in Ludhiana
There’s no need for surgery during intragastric balloon for weight loss treatment. The medical expert team will give you a necessary treatment plan to improve your condition. When you consult the doctor, you will get the following information:
- Right kind of assessment.
- Proper guidance is available to you.
- Discuss the different methods. Make sure to ask any questions that come to your mind.
- Depending on the initial evaluation and diagnosis, the team informs that you are a suitable candidate for intragastric balloon treatment for weight loss.
Are there any tests done before the weight loss treatment?
- Hemogram, RBS, HbA1C
- Cortisol, Blood Group
- Calcium, S. Magnesium
- GAD Antibodies, IA2 Antibodies (in diabetic patients)
- His Ag, HIV I & II, Anti HCV, VDRL, Urine RE
- ECG, X-Ray Chest PA, USG abdomen, Dexa Scan
- C peptide fasting, C peptide 1 hr pp, Insulin fasting
- Liver function test, Lipid Profile, Thyroid function test, and Renal function test
Placement of the intragastric balloon
The procedure requires endoscopy and mild anesthesia. The tube contains a camera to see the inside of the stomach. The balloon is silicone elastomer, soft and pliable. The balloon gets placed through sterile solution or air. Following that, the doctor gently pulls the catheter from the inner side, and the balloon self-sealing valve won’t result in leakage or air. The procedure takes 20 minutes. You might need to stay overnight or return home a few days after surgery.
Do you have any doubts?
Schedule your initial consultation at Ludhiana Gastro & Gynae Centre to seek all necessary information.