Hemorrhoids treatment (Piles Treatment)
Dr. Kartik Goyal, a known gastro doctor in Punjab, recently discussed piles or hemorrhoids conditions. He shared his views, saying, “Hemorrhoids is one of the common conditions that usually occur in patients with an anal fistula or anal fissure problem. With the diagnosis of the condition, most patients are left with the thought of why it happens and whether there’s a need to undergo Hemorrhoids Surgery in Ludhiana or not?
Breaking down the types of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids have two main categories that include:
Type 1: Internal Hemorrhoids
Internal hemorrhoids lead to rectal bleeding, and there’s a possibility of protruding. Moreover, the patient notices the hemorrhoids go back inside on their own. On the other hand, it might stay outside all the time.
When you visit the best gastro doctor in Ludhiana with his expertise, you can get the treatment performed as an in-office method. The procedure works best as rubber band ligation.
During the procedure, the rubber is placed on the hemorrhoid base. Later, hemorrhoids fall with the band that’s attached to them. The procedure is not that painful; you can expect some normal discomfort.
Type 2: External Hemorrhoids
An external hemorrhoid problem occurs if there’s a blood clot and is medically termed a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. Some of the most common symptoms are:
- Acute onset of anal or butt pain, which has a link to a lump
The procedure works best as an in-office procedure to ensure the hemorrhoids get excised correctly the way it’s needed.
Analyze the causes of haemorrhoids
A basic understanding of hemorrhoids helps the individual to know what’s the problem and what to do next for its management. Some of the possible causes are:
- Strain during bowel movement
- Being obese
- Being pregnant
- Doing anal intercourse
- Heavy lifting continuously
- Have faced constipation or chronic diarrhea
- Intake of a low-fiber diet
Please be mindful!
One of the common symptoms of hemorrhoids is itching, although it’s not known why it happens and what should be done next for its management. Additionally, the patients have bleeding problems, so the doctor can ask you to get a colonoscopy for its management.
Prevention tips for hemorrhoids
For hemorrhoids, it’s essential to understand preventive tips to make it much better for making everything balanced. And that’s why to manage the symptoms; there are a few tips that I often suggest my patients follow like:
- Make sure to increase your intake of high-fiber food options like whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. The high-fiber food helps to soften the stool and won’t let you put strain. Moreover, it even works against gas problems.
- Increasing water intake as a liquid diet helps the stool to get soft.
- You need to have fiber supplements in your diet. Make sure you have at least 20 to 30 grams daily to make the situation much more manageable.
- You should never strain or try to hold your breath while passing the stool. Always go right away when you feel the urge.
What happens next?
To know more, schedule initial consultation at Ludhiana Gastro & Gynae Centre to understand what should be the next step.