The blog will highlight everything about liver disease to effectively enlighten you about the problem and what preventive measures you can take. You must visit one of the known Gastroenterologist in Ludhiana to seek the ultimate care for your gastro health and make your life better in all ways.
Which are the conditions that can damage liver disease?
Various conditions trigger liver disease like autoimmune hepatitis, hepatitis, fatty liver disease, alcohol-related fatty liver disease, liver cancer, and other problems. If you are dealing with any of these conditions, make sure to pay an immediate visit to one of the leading Gastroenterology Hospital in Ludhiana to seek timely assistance.
Which are the common symptoms of liver disease?
The liver disease symptoms depend on the specific condition you have. It’s possible initially, there are no symptoms, but as time passes by, the situation gets worse, and you start noticing the symptoms. Some of the most apparent symptoms are:
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin (jaundice)
- Chalky (gray) stools
- Pain in the joints
- Bloating or swelling in the belly
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Pain in the upper right part of the belly
How is liver disease diagnosed and tested?
Medical science includes several tests to better analyze liver health. When the condition is checked, the medical history is analyzed, and a physical examination is performed to better understand the entire state. Some of the most common tests that are done are:
- Blood test
- Imaging test – CT scan, MRI, and Ultrasound
Depending on the symptoms you have and seeing your past medical history, the doctor will make the final call as to what to do next.
What are the Various treatment options?
Similarly, just the way symptoms are checked, the diagnosis is made. In the same manner, for every possible treatment plan, there’s a different treatment that is needed like:
- Autoimmune hepatitis is treated through medications, and sometimes live transplant is suggested.
- In the case of NAFLD, the treatment options include having a healthy diet, losing weight, not drinking alcohol, reducing cholesterol levels, and controlling diabetes.
When you consult the medical expert, he will guide you all effectively on which treatment is best to make your condition managed in all the right ways.
Are there any prevention tips for liver disease?
Some of the known prevention tips for liver disease are:
- Ensure that you wash your hands regularly once you have gone to the washroom or changing diapers. Doing so ensures that the chances of infection are less.
- Involve yourself in safe sex practices
- Do not share your personal belongings like toothbrushes, needles, and brushes. Sharing such stuff increases the chances of infection.
Although, if you talk about autoimmune hepatitis, there is no such prevention tip.