1. *Multiple Pregnancies:*
Women carrying twins, triplets, or more are at a higher risk of requiring a C-section due to the increased complexity of multiple births.
2. *Breech Presentation:*
When the baby is positioned feet or buttocks first instead of headfirst in the womb (breech presentation), a C-section may be recommended to avoid complications during delivery.
3. *Placenta Previa:*
This condition occurs when the placenta partially or completely covers the cervix, which can lead to severe bleeding during vaginal delivery, necessitating a C-section.
Women with severe preeclampsia, a condition characterized by high blood pressure and organ damage, may require a C-section to protect both the mother and baby.
5. *Gestational Diabetes:*
Poorly controlled gestational diabetes can lead to large fetal size (macrosomia), which may increase the likelihood of a C-section due to potential delivery complications.
6. *Maternal Health Conditions:*
Certain maternal health issues, such as heart disease or chronic hypertension, can make vaginal delivery riskier, leading to a C-section recommendation.
7. *Previous C-section:*
Women who have had a previous C-section may be at risk of requiring another C-section in subsequent pregnancies, depending on the type of uterine incision from the previous surgery.
8. *Fetal Distress:*
Signs of fetal distress, such as abnormal heart rate patterns or a lack of oxygen, may necessitate a C-section for a quicker and safer delivery.
9. *Fetal Abnormalities:*
In cases where the fetus has congenital anomalies or developmental issues that could affect vaginal delivery, a C-section may be recommended.
10. *Obstructed Labor:*
If the baby’s head is too large to pass through the mother’s pelvis (cephalopelvic disproportion), or if labor has stalled (prolonged labor), a C-section may be necessary.
It’s important to note that while these conditions can increase the risk of a C-section, the decision to perform a C-section is made by healthcare providers based on the specific circumstances and the best interests of both the mother and the baby’s health. Each pregnancy is unique, and medical professionals carefully evaluate the situation to ensure the safest delivery method.
If you are pregnant with any of the above high risk factors, you may need medical help regarding it, click here –> to book your appointment ( for a customised treatment plan) with our high risk pregnancy expert Dr. Shuchita Batra (Ex. SR, AIIMS, Jdh)
1. Dr Shuchita is the best Gynaecologist in Ludhiana as I have ever experienced. Before meeting her I had consulted few doctors but the response and attention which a patient is looking specifically from her gynae was not satisfactory but after meeting her, she heard the concerns with very patiently and provides the best suited treatment/guidence, Also throughout my whole pregnancy journey she managed very calmly and provided all the support which made this journey very beautiful leading to a delivery of a healthy baby, Also not even in pregnancy but during postpartum her guidance and support is commendable. I really appreciate and recommend Dr Shuchita Batra as the best Gynaecologist.
– Himani Chabbra
2. Hello Mam, This is Heena. First of all, I would like to thank you for all the help and support during my pregnancy. Now I would like to share my entire experience.
During the incredible journey of pregnancy, my partner and I had the privilege of being under the expert care of Dr. Shuchita as our gynecologist. From the very first visit to the post-delivery follow-ups, Dr. Shuchita’s guidance, compassion, and exceptional care made the entire experience as smooth and positive as it could possibly be.
Dr. Shuchita’s knowledge and expertise in the field of gynecology and obstetrics were evident in every interaction we had with her. She patiently explained each step of the pregnancy journey, addressing our concerns and doubts with clarity. Her comprehensive approach ensured that we were well-informed about the progress of the pregnancy, potential challenges, and available options. This level of transparency and education empowered us to make informed decisions regarding our care and the health of our baby.
– Dixit Sharma
3. Dr suchita goyal, she is not a doctor to us , she is god to us ,, i am a first time mom and i was alwys having an phobia of pregnancy , that how i become a mother how i cope up with the delivery process nd many more things,, but when i meet suchita mam, she inspire me to do this thing , she alwys inspire me to do better in every opd, she filled me with confidence and in the end i deliver a healthy baby via normal delivery, these words are very less for her kindness towwards every patient ,,,i have visited many gynaes but no one is like her ,,, she listen each and every problem ,, i think everyone should visit her once i guarantee that u will never look back for another one in town ,,,, pritika saini
1. Pre eclampsia (gestational hypertension) with growth restriction:
A 2 nd gravida patient with history of severe hypertension in previous pregnancy with preterm delivery at 8 months, previous baby weight 950 gms. She was started on antihypertensives and blood thinners along with progesterone since the beginning. During this pregnancy, she delivered a healthy baby of 1.9 kg at 35 weeks in this pregnancy.
2. Previous 3 abortions
A female who had conceived 4 th time but was afraid as she already had 3 missed abortions. She was LA positive ( autoimmune disorder), hence started on low molecular weight heparin injections and this pregnancy continued. She delivered a healthy baby vaginally at 37 weeks by normal delivery.
4. Cholestasis of pregnancy
A 29 years female, 2 nd Gravida with history of severe jaundice in previous pregnancy (hepatitis and cholestasis), she had severe post partum hemorrhage and received blood and FFP. During this pregnancy, early liver function tests monitoring done, and she was started on ursodeoxycholic acid at the 6 th month once cholestasis started developing again. SHe delivered a healthy baby at 9 months pregnancy with no complications during hospital stay, discharged on 3 rd day of delivery.