The wave of improved and updated medical advancement have proven to be a boon for patients. The medical procedures with inventive techniques allow us to check the problem by viewing what’s inside and accordingly perform the necessary steps. Be it one of the best gynecologists or the Best Gastro Doctor in Ludhiana, both of them use the procedure to address the condition effectively. And one such procedure is an endoscopic ultrasound that is combined with ultrasound offering the desired imaging. Like in the case of a digestive tract problem, the procedure has proven to be of great help.
The procedure of Endoscopic Ultrasound
The method of Endoscopic Ultrasound in Ludhiana is categorized as a minimally invasive method. During the procedure, the doctor inserts a long and flexible tube into the rectum or mouth that easily guides through the body, and the device has a camera attached to one end to see the inside of the body clearly. The latest technology contains ultrasound devices with the same that produce sound waves giving the inside image of the tissues and organs to perform the treatment.
Gastro parts that are checked with Endoscopic Ultrasound
Through the endoscopic ultrasound, it’s possible to check the different parts like:
- Lymph nodes
Depending on where you have the problem, the gastro doctor will direct you toward the specific approach.
Uses of Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Check the reason behind the symptoms
To identify the reason behind unusual symptoms, the gastro doctor performs EUS. Like even in case of the chest or abdominal pain, unexpected weight loss, and accidental bowel leakage, the EUS checks everything.
- Checks medical conditions
Through the same, the doctor checks the possibility of a medical condition like bile duct stone and pancreatitis problem.
- Perform biopsy
The biopsy is an important process to check for cancer problems.
- Stage and diagnosis of cancer
The EUS is even effective in diagnosing and staging cancer of the pancreas, stomach, lung, colorectal, and esophageal. Through the EUS, it’s even easier to find whether cancer has spread to other organs or lymph nodes.
Benefits of Endoscopic ultrasound
The EUS offers various benefits as the method of diagnostic tests like:
- The standard EUS cannot effectively determine what’s the problem. Whereas with the advanced approach, that’s easily possible.
- The ultrasound device goes into the body seeing all the organs properly, providing accurate images of the body. Thus the EUS helps to make effective results and determine the exact solution properly.
- While performing EUS, the doctor can even take fluid or tissue samples. With the said approach, the need for additional biopsy won’t be required.
- The procedure eliminates the stress of undergoing any radiation.
Prepare yourself in advance to undergo an endoscopic ultrasound
- The EUS is an outpatient method that means you will go back home on the same day.
- You need to give out less than one hour for the procedure. And afterward, you can continue with the normal regime.
- Before the appointment, you need to fast for at least 8 hours.
- The procedure is safe and effective. But make sure that you ask the doctor about everything and understand the methods of managing the complications.